Re: [Xen-users] Debian/Xen usage summary

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Debian/Xen usage summary
From: Didier Trosset <didier_trosset@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2007 14:49:35 +0000
Delivery-date: Fri, 27 Apr 2007 07:48:16 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

---- 8< ----

Then, starting to use all of these is a bit of a nightmare. Indeed hvm systems do start but does not show the SDL display. xm list reports the system as running, but I have no access to it (and network not yet configured) although it was present during install. Don't know what
happends here. I'd be glad for some hints?

Use VNC instead? I suspect that the SDL option wasn't compiled into your
(i.e. debian's) QEMU model, but that's just a guess. Try checking the
/var/log/xen/qemu-dm.*.log files to see if it says anything about
SDL/VNC/etc in there? [I generally use SDL, but I've used VNC lately too
- both needs to compiled in when building the qemu-dm application]

I'm pretty sure SDL is compiled within, as I ran the install correctly within the SDL window. The trouble is that when restarting after the install (with boot='c') there is no SDL display window that opens anymore! I'd like it just once to setup networking and ssh server. (Then I already plan to switch to vnc to have no window when hvm is running.)

--
Didier Trosset-Moreau
Agilent Technologies