[Xen-users] Physical Network Card MAC Adress will always change to FE:FF

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] Physical Network Card MAC Adress will always change to FE:FF:FF:FF:FF:FF
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2007 18:24:56 +0200
Delivery-date: Tue, 17 Apr 2007 09:22:53 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hello Xen-Users,

I've installed the new Version 3.0.4-1 of XEN and I've stressed my Dedicated Server provider a lot, because after I had installed the XEN-Domain and it got running and I have to restart the server due to any reason the Physical MAC Adress was always FE:FF:FF:FF:FF:FF and this was blocked through the Layer 2 switch on the provider side. Nevertheless this Adress should be always the same, after several resets of the address to the original one through the Dedicated Service Provider, I got the Information from their side to check the XEN configuration, because this is an misconfiguration of XEN.

What can I do, or better what is to check ?
And how I have to configure what and where. I've currently the plain setup after compilation of the XEN-Kernel.
It is also a fresh system.

Many Thanks.
Regards
Maik Brauer