[Xen-users] Eval XEN 3.2 - Provide disk with data for DomU

To: <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-users] Eval XEN 3.2 - Provide disk with data for DomU
From: "Kelly KKS. SACAULT" <kelly.sacault@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2007 14:25:18 -1000
Delivery-date: Fri, 13 Apr 2007 17:24:26 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

 Hi,

I am very new to XEN, as to Linux OS too.

Our organization has about 25 Windows 2003 Servers.

I am willing to consolidate as many servers as possible. For this project, I have been testing Xen v3.2 (upgraded from a v3.1) for about 2 months only.

My current test plateform consist of one PC with C2D cpu, 2 Go RAM, and 1 SATA2 disk. I have XEN 3.2 running, and 2 VM guest (windows 2003) running also. At this stage, I would like to submit the 2 “problems” below.

Problem 1 : The Xen Host has a 1000BT Lan card. Within the VMs, le PV Nics only show 100 Mbps. Is there any way to have the PV Nics run at 1 Gbps ?

Problem 2 : I have added a 2nd SATA2 disk already formatted in NTFS and populated with data. I want at least 1 VM (win2003) to be able to access that disk and share its content to all Lan clients.

At Xen console the command ‘fdisk –l’ shows this additional disk. What are the other steps to have the whole disk shown under a given guest ?

Thanks in advance,

Kelly SACAULT

IT Manager

French Polynesia Presidency