RE: [Xen-users] CPU activity: top and xm top

To: "Igor Chubin" <igor@xxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-users] CPU activity: top and xm top
From: "Petersson, Mats" <Mats.Petersson@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2007 11:54:15 +0200
Cc: Xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Wed, 11 Apr 2007 02:54:31 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

No, that's exactly what I said: Xen will process a few of the interrupts
without handing them to Dom0.

I have a hard time thinking those should amount to 20% tho'.

However, bear in mind that when you start xend, it sets your network
card to promiscuous mode, which means that it's going to accept ALL
incoming traffic present on the network segment you're on, even if it's
not addressed to your machine. If you're on the same network as a few
busy computers, you'll receive quite a bit of network traffice that
isn't for you (but still received by your machine, because it's on the
same network). You should see that in /proc/interrupts for your network
card tho'.

--
Mats