[Xen-users] How to enable Xentrace in xen-unstable?

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] How to enable Xentrace in xen-unstable?
From: Parissa Heidari <parisa.heidari@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2007 14:21:00 -0400
Delivery-date: Thu, 05 Apr 2007 11:19:57 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi,
I am using xen-unstable and interested to trace the hypervisor. In previous
versions, I was able to trace it by:
 setsize 20
 tbctl 1
 xentrace /tmp/xentrace.dat

And these functions don't exist in xen-unstable. xentrace --help shows that in
more recent versions the buffers' size could be determined as a parameter for
xentrace. But I can not find any replacement for tblctl.
Using:
# xentrace /tmp/xentrace1.dat
I receive:
Couldn't enable trace buffers: Function not implemented

And the trace file (/tmp/xentrace1.dat) is empty.

What should I do to trace the hypervisor?

Thanks in advance,
Parissa.