RE: [Xen-users] Windows Copy Problem

To: "Ian Tobin" <itobin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [Xen-users] Windows Copy Problem
From: "Petersson, Mats" <Mats.Petersson@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2007 15:45:25 +0200
Delivery-date: Wed, 28 Mar 2007 06:44:52 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Or something else went wrong when writing the files to the (virtual)
drive - most likely, some incompleteness in the writing of the directory
on the drive, I would say. Have you tried mounting the drive in your
Linux to see what it looks like (assumes that you have NTFS selected in
your Linux build. Using "lomount" will probably work best).

> If I format it to FAT the files copy over and the setup
> process begins.  I have also copied the .config kernel file
> over from a working server and compliled using that, same issue.

Most likely nothing to do with the kernel configuration.

You may find that using "tap:aio:" instead of "phy:" or "file:" will
work better. But that's just a guess from my side, as I'm not sure
what's going wrong in your case.

There is a big difference in the ability to cache things between FAT and
NTFS, so I'm just guessting that it's something to do with how the
device model + file-system + Dom0 caching things.

--
Mats