[Xen-users] Cluster xen servers with san storage

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] Cluster xen servers with san storage
From: Carl Caum <sleepkreep@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2007 21:24:11 -0500
Delivery-date: Wed, 28 Mar 2007 01:26:09 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hello all. I have two servers with Xen running. I also have a SAN that hold the virtual machines. I need to know if a few things are possible.

1) I need to know if failover is possible and how is the best way to accomplish this? Is it possible to have one dom0 take snapshots of the other dom0 and restore the VMs from the other dom0 if it suddenly stops responding?

2) Is it possible to have a VM do a live migrate to the other server automatically if the current server it's running on is being shutdown for maintenance.

3) Is it possible to cluster the two servers so they share CPU power and memory resources between the two instances of xen. So really the VMs are arbitrarily run on both servers simultaneously thus increasing their speed. If this is possible, what happens if one of the servers suddenly crashes?

Thanks in advance.