Re: [Xen-users] Any other good 64-bit machines

On Sun, 25 Mar 2007, John Shen wrote:

I would like to thank the list for all the tips and recommendations I got when
I asked if Dell Poweredge 2950 would run xen 3.0.3 well. We got one and it is
running quite well with Fedora Core 6 (64 bit x86_64).

I am just wondering if there is a list of rackable 64bit servers that also run
Linux x86_64 (does not have to be FC, but preferably free ones) well. Thanks
for sharing your experiences. I also would like the cpu supports the intel vt
or amd-v technology.

I don't know of a list of rackable 64-bit servers, but you may consider contacting you Sun representative about their 64-bit offerings. A friend of mine, who manages grid computing on the University of Nevada, Reno campus, just installed a Sun cluster and it's very nice. He's not virtualizing, but it will run pretty much any distribution. I'm not sure what your budget constraints are, but Sun's offerings are much, much nicer than anything I've seen from Dell, albeit more expensive.

Best,

--

     ( )
     _H_
|  '.-+-+-+|            (Ascii art by Silver Saks)
     """