Re: [Xen-users] Confusion between dom0 and main server?

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Confusion between dom0 and main server?
From: Andy Smith <andy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2007 10:03:56 +0000
Delivery-date: Sun, 25 Mar 2007 03:03:00 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Sun, Mar 25, 2007 at 10:33:44AM +0100, Frank Church wrote:
> After installing Xen and starting up the system, when I logon via SSH
> the first time, I get the prompt with the servers usual name.
>
> After I login again I get the prompt with the VM's name and that is
> what is getting me confused.

It sounds more likely that you (or some script) issued a hostname
command while setting up a user domain and this is showing up for
later connections to dom0.  dom0 is dom0.

> Is the dom0 a Xen instance that is different instance from the main
> server, or does the main server become the dom0? Can they be logged on
> to separately?

User domains will have separate IP addresses or can be connected to
only by doing "xm console" from dom0.

Cheers,
Andy