Re: [Xen-users] Strange Networking Issue

Yes!  I got it working.

 echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward

Then to make it stick....

edit /etc/sysctl.conf
change net.ipv4.ip_forward = 1

although I have not reboot the machine to see if that makes it stick for sure since my machine is configured to attempt PXE boot form both nics and takes 10 minutes to reboot the machine.  That is my next project.

Anyways, thanks for all of the help.  I think that the netmask changes may have also been needed.

Jon

Jonathon Jones wrote:
Ok, scratch my last email.  I am tired and being silly.  I named the ifcfg script eth1 but put eth0 in the actual file...hence the network is down message.  Still unpingable though.  Xen just isn't forwarding that traffic along.

I just wonder if a route setup would be better instead of bridge?  But I don't know how to configure it aside form changing the main xen config script.  I also don't know if I would have to manually add an IP to dom0 every time I add one to a domU...

Anyways....

Jon