[Xen-users] Xen 3.0.4 patch for kernel 2.6.18 on openSUSE 10.2

To: <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-users] Xen 3.0.4 patch for kernel 2.6.18 on openSUSE 10.2
From: Julian Pawlowski <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 09 Mar 2007 13:02:24 +0100
Delivery-date: Fri, 09 Mar 2007 04:01:58 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hello,

I'm just trying to have the current Xen release on a kernel 2.6.18 base on
my openSUSE 10.2 installation.

openSUSE already comes with an installation of Xen 3.0.3 on the current
kernel version 2.6.18 so it seems that Novel patched the Xen sources to get
it running.

So, where could I get this patch, does anybody know?

Very often the developers of SUSE/Novel distribute their current development
version in their homedirs on ftp.suse.com or so, does anybody know such an
rpm from the SUSE development team? Is far as I know Novel is just about to
release the service pack 1 for SLES10 (spring 2007) which also includes Xen
3.0.4. Maybe I could get this somewhere?

The main reason I need Xen 3.0.4 is the better support for full-virtualized
guests as I'm going to install many Windows 2k3 Servers on 4 big machines.
On the other hand I'd really like to have kernel 2.6.18, especially because
of the support for the new Intel I/OAT technology. I could live without that
last feature but I want to make sure to have the best platform before going
into production environment. After this step it might be difficult to
upgrade the xen hypervisor to a newser version without any risk... :-/

Would really appreciate any help, thx guys!

Regards from Stuttgart/Germany

Julian Pawlowski