Re: [Xen-users] Effect of installing Xen on VT enabled machine

To: Praveen Kushwaha <praveen.kushwaha@xxxxxxxxxxx>, xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Effect of installing Xen on VT enabled machine
From: kanour-xen <xen@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 07 Mar 2007 22:59:32 +1100
Delivery-date: Wed, 07 Mar 2007 03:58:48 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Praveen Kushwaha wrote:

Hi,

           I have a  VT enabled machine on which windows xp has been installed. Now I want to install xen on this VT enabled machine on which windows xp is already.

           Is there will be any effect on windows xp after installing xen on it. If there will be any effect what will be those. If anyone will have any information please reply, it will be grate for me.

Thanks,

Praveen Kushwaha

Hi.
I think you can keep windows but I would do following procedure. I would shrink win partition and move it in the back of the disk. On the free space in the front of the disk I would install xen and then point the domU on that win partition.

Enterprise version of xen does this automatically. Anyway, I tried the enterprise version today on IBM x3650 and it is greate.

Have a good day.