RE: [Xen-users] questions about xen

To: raquelkeys@xxxxxxxxx, Xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [Xen-users] questions about xen
From: "Petersson, Mats" <Mats.Petersson@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2007 10:48:41 +0100
Delivery-date: Wed, 07 Mar 2007 01:48:10 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

You haven't really given yourself a lot of time, have you?

> How can I install xen?
> I have to have a Linux in the machine and download xen from there ?

That's one way - the other alternative is to get a Linux distribution
that already comes with Xen within the distribution.

> How can I put another OS later?

There are several ways, somewhat depending on the OS you choose. For
fully-virtual systems, the best way is to create a virtual disk (which
is either a partition, logical volume (using LVM) or file), and use the
install media (DVD/CD), and then install the OS into your virtual disk.

> Actually I can use windows with xen or no? I found places
> that say taht I can and others that say no!

Well, you can run Windows WITHIN Xen, but you can't use Windows to
install Xen on top of (or at least, you'll need to ALSO install a Linux
version of some sort).

--
Mats