Re: [Xen-users] Xen 3.0.4 on RH EL 4.4 - can't make it boot kerne l

To: Tim Foreman <tforeman@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Xen 3.0.4 on RH EL 4.4 - can't make it boot kerne l
From: Dane Miller <dane@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2007 09:36:17 -0800 (PST)
Cc: "xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Fri, 02 Mar 2007 09:36:14 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
"Tim Foreman" <tforeman@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Well I managed to build a new kernel with IDE support in it
> and that successfully booted.

Hi Tim.  Just curious, where did you get the dom0 kernel
(vmlinuz-2.6.16.33-xen_3.0.4.1) and initrd (initrd-2.6.16.33-xen_3.0.4.1.img)
that didn't work?   Could the initrd have been bad?

It's good that you got things working by recomipiling, but it doesn't inspire
confidence in the binary packages Xen provides (assuming that's where you got
them).  I'd be curious to know whether rebuilding the initrd would solve your
problem (maybe with /etc/modprobe.conf moved out of the way).

Dane