[Xen-users] Re: Install of RHEL as HVM not running

To: Daniel Martins <daniel.mr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, xen-users <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-users] Re: Install of RHEL as HVM not running
From: Thorolf Godawa <nospam@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 02 Mar 2007 01:59:00 +0100
Delivery-date: Thu, 01 Mar 2007 16:58:37 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi,

Install RHEL as normal guest in Qemu, when finished mount this image-file as a loop-back-device and customize it.

After finishing you can use this image for Xen!

Most installation-steps for this RHEL-VM-installation I found in this description:

http://mitopia.net/index.php/Xen_3.0.2_Setup

Installation of RHEL WS4 in Qemu

- Boot into standard-linux-kernel (not XEN)
- Install qemu-0.8.1 or greater, create empty image-file and start Qemu
- Start RHEL4 from install-cd with "linux skipddc" (or "linux skipddc askmethod" for installing from network) - Don't use LVM for partitioning, make only one big ext3 root-partition and at the end a small swap-partition

--

Chau y hasta luego,

Thorolf