RE: [Xen-users] please explain this xen error message to me (newbiehere)

To: "xin" <xcheney@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-users] please explain this xen error message to me (newbiehere)
From: "Kraska, Joe A \(US SSA\)" <joe.kraska@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2007 08:26:10 -0800
Delivery-date: Wed, 28 Feb 2007 08:25:57 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> I have exactly the same problem.
> anyone got any ideas?

Don't use the GUI tools. You'll need to "learn all the way to the
bottom," including all the features and option of the vm configuration
files, as well as all the command line tools. None of the gui tools are
remotely near ready.

To install a vm into an image file use the dd, mkfs, qemu combination
technique. Thus:

% dd if=/dev/zero of=my.img base=1M count=1 seek=8192
% mkfs.ext3 -q -f my.img
% qemu -had my.img -cdrom /path/to/some/iso -boot 2 -vnc [ipaddress]:2

Then connect to the vnc console from there.

I recommend text based installs (you should see that option in your vnc
session).

C//