[Xen-users] Domain ID wraparound bug?

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] Domain ID wraparound bug?
From: Karl Stevens <karl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2007 13:00:04 -0700
Delivery-date: Tue, 27 Feb 2007 11:58:39 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi All,

We just experienced a very strange problem with Xen, and I'm wondering
if anyone else has experienced it.

We have a single host with three domUs - one is HVM, and the other two
are paravirt.

The HVM is a production environment, the paravirt are for demo/devel.

I stopped the devel domU, and when I restarted it, the HVM stopped
responding - no network at all.  When I tried xm console to connect to
it, I got the console of the devel domU!

I stopped the devel domU, and when I tried (again) to connect to the
HVM's console, I got the following error:

"xenconsole: Could not open tty `/dev/pts/2': No such file or directory"

The only change I made to the devel domU was to add an extra "disk"
entry to it.  (The extra entry was in no way used by the HVM domain.)

Can anyone shed any light on what happened?  Has anyone seen this
behaviour before?

Thanks,
Karl

__