[Xen-users] Ubuntu Dom1 on Xen HVM no MBR on partition

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] Ubuntu Dom1 on Xen HVM no MBR on partition
From: Michael Wineland <mike@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2007 17:11:31 -0500
Delivery-date: Mon, 26 Feb 2007 14:11:09 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Ubuntu doesnt boot in xen HVM, just gives a black screen. So what i did was install ubuntu on a hard drive in a different machine, then plug that hard drive into my server via usb cable. It took some work because i am new to xen AND linux, but i got it working perfectly. Now what i am trying to do is transfer the ubuntu install off of the external 10gb hard drive onto my 640gb raid onto a 120gb partition. I used rsync to copy all the data over and use this line in the config file "disk = ['phy:/dev/sda3,ioemu:hda,w" but it wont boot, i am assuming the reason is because the partition i've made and copied the files to has no MBR. How can i fix this?
--
Michael Wineland
Ideal Solution, LLC