[Xen-users] Using PVM with pciback.hide and live-migration

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] Using PVM with pciback.hide and live-migration
From: "Marco Sinhoreli" <msinhore@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2007 17:13:56 -0200
Delivery-date: Thu, 22 Feb 2007 11:13:35 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hello all,

I'm writing a documentation about HA with VMs using Xen hypervisors
and the pciback.hide functionality. I'm imagining a scene with 3
NIC's. the NIC eth0 is the bridge to LAN. eth1 and eth2 is a load
balance between 2 intenet links. Well, if I will be using the eth1 and
eth2 with the option pciback.hide, I need to live-migration function
the same PCI addressing and the same mac address. It's correct? Now,
before I continue, is possible use VM live-migration with a NIC via
pciback.hide considering the same PCI address and MAC address in both
servers?

Regards,

--
Marco Sinhoreli