Re: [Xen-users] Network problem: packets are lost in domU

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Network problem: packets are lost in domU
From: Marduk <xen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2007 08:24:23 -0600
Delivery-date: Thu, 22 Feb 2007 06:23:49 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Thu, 2007-02-22 at 15:09 +0100, Jacek Konieczny wrote:
> My system configuration:
>
> in domain config file:
>
>         vif = [ 'ip=192.168.16.2' ]
>
> in xend-config.sxp:
>
>         (network-script 'network-route netdev=dummy0')
>         (vif-script     'vif-route netdev=dummy0')
>
> dom0 interface setup:
>
> # ip addr show dev dummy0
> 10: dummy0: <BROADCAST,NOARP,UP> mtu 1500 qdisc noqueue
>     link/ether 1a:aa:f1:3f:c5:4e brd ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff
>     inet 192.168.16.1/32 scope global dummy0

I'm not sure if the config you shows is supposed to be for bridging or
PtP, but this response assumes bridging.  If that's not the case then
just ignore.

For bridging your network-script should be 'network-bridge' instead of
'network-route'.

Also for bridging dummy0 should be in promiscuous mode.

I really don't know how the Xen networking scripts work, I usually set
up the host-side networking manually (using the host OS's networking
tools) and let Xen handle the domU side.

Probably doesn't help but maybe this provides some clues.

-m