Re: [Xen-users] Cookbook/HowTo for using XEN to create a complete DMZ?

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Cookbook/HowTo for using XEN to create a complete DMZ?
From: Olivier Le Cam <Olivier.LeCam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2007 12:29:03 +0100
Delivery-date: Thu, 15 Feb 2007 03:28:38 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Jochen Hebbrecht wrote:
Hmm, I'm also interested in setting up a DMZ, but I can't find the
information on the Wiki? :-/

A good starting point:
http://web.mornfall.net/blog/virtual_firewall__44___nat_and_dmz_with_xen.html

BTW, I'm working here on a GPL security server designed for the schools based on Xen, with 3 domUs. One is acting as a firewall + squid/squidGuard + network services for the LAN, a second is for a web server + SMTP + various web applications (like student results...) in a DMZ and a third (optionnal) for hosting a Linux/Debian ready to use (also in the DMZ). An automatic installer has been developped for to help teachers who have no knowledge on Linux to install the server. It works with a central platform where we are remotely managing all the deployed servers from. The teachers can adapt the server settings for their personal needs through a web interface but they don't have to worry on the system side, we deal with all for them.

Don't know if this can be of any interest for the Xen-users readers but who knows! NB: This project is preliminary developed in France and some texts are still not translated into english.

Regards,
--
Olivier Le Cam
Département des Technologies de l'Information et de la Communication