Re: [Xen-users] (vbd) could not be connected, but I have loop devices?

To: xen-users <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] (vbd) could not be connected, but I have loop devices?
From: "Jerry Amundson" <jamundso@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2007 16:20:32 -0600
Delivery-date: Wed, 14 Feb 2007 14:19:58 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On 2/14/07, Jonathan D. Proulx <jon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

I'm puzzled. I'm trying to install my 9th Dom0 system (Debian Stable
xen-3.0.2-2) but it keeps giving me

Error: Device <n> (vbd) could not be connected. Backend device not found.

This is starting the 1st DomU and I can manually setup the block
devices with losetup so the backend files are there and so are the
/dev/loop devices

The other 8 systems are running fine and I can't find any differences,
any ideas where to look?

http://wiki.xensource.com/xenwiki/XenFaq

--
"Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain!"