Re: [Xen-users] Cannot creat Xen virtual machine with Yast in Suse 10

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Cannot creat Xen virtual machine with Yast in Suse 10
From: "Ulrich Windl" <ulrich.windl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 02 Feb 2007 10:51:52 +0100
Delivery-date: Fri, 02 Feb 2007 01:52:08 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On 1 Feb 2007 at 9:24, Karl Wang wrote:

> Dear All:
> I have problems in  Suse 10 Linux Enterprise  server 64bit.
> I installed Xen shiped with Suse installation.

With Updates? Without Updates it never worked for me.

> I boot the system with Xen virtual machine support.
> In Yast, I want to creat virtual machine with Xen manager. However, it always
> report there are not free memory available.

If it says "failed to create initial ramdisk" or so, that yould even mean you
have
the wrong DVD in the drive. At some high level that error message is correct,
but
the initial cause is uite different. Welcome to the world of error reporting!

> I check /proce/meminfo , it shows as below, there are some free memory.
> I checked with command line, like
> xm list
> it returns errors:
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/usr/sbin/xm", line 8, in ?
>     from xen.xm import main
>   File "/usr/lib64/python/xen/xm/main.py", line 51, in ?
>     from xen.util import security
>   File "/usr/lib64/python/xen/util/security.py", line 25, in ?
>     from xen.lowlevel import acm
> ImportError: /usr/lib64/python2.4/xen/lowlevel/acm.so: undefined symbol:
> xc_acm_op
>
> my python version is 2.4.2, shipped with Suse installation.
> I guess I have damaged  the package of Xen (initrd-2.6.16.20-0.12-xen)
> How can I repair it?

Ever seen the "Yast Repair Module"? Maybe to something like "rpm -V xen\*" to
find
out what's wrong. Also check you have everything needed installed ("rpm -qa
xen\*"):

xen-doc-html-3.0.2_09763-0.8
xen-tools-ioemu-3.0.2_09763-0.8
xen-tools-3.0.2_09763-0.8
xen-3.0.2_09763-0.8
xen-doc-pdf-3.0.2_09763-0.8
xen-libs-3.0.2_09763-0.8

> I do not want to reinstall the whole system.

Please also have a look at /usr/share/doc/packages/xen/README.SuSE

Ulrich