Re: [Xen-users] RE: DomU boot fails with can't find root on Fedora 6

To: "Petersson, Mats" <Mats.Petersson@xxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] RE: DomU boot fails with can't find root on Fedora 6
From: "Ulrich Windl" <ulrich.windl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 01 Feb 2007 10:59:06 +0100
Cc: Xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Thu, 01 Feb 2007 01:59:32 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On 31 Jan 2007 at 14:31, Petersson, Mats wrote:

> [...]

For me (using SUSE) the following did help: mount your file structure in Dom0
(plus the /dev tree like "mount --bind /dev /mnt/dev"), then do a "chroot /mnt
mkinitrd", possibly with "-d root_device". Also assuming that some magic pulls
out
kernel and initrd from the device or image to boot those, like:
bootloader = '/usr/lib/xen/boot/domUloader.py'
bootentry = 'sda1:/boot/vmlinuz-xen,/boot/initrd-xen'