RE: [Xen-users] Possible?: dom0 and dom1 in network A using eth0, dom2 i

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [Xen-users] Possible?: dom0 and dom1 in network A using eth0, dom2 in network B using eth1
From: Steve Brueckner <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2007 13:17:01 -0500
Delivery-date: Mon, 29 Jan 2007 10:17:21 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I don't know all the details because we had a high school intern set it up
for us.
Looking at his files, it looks like we do something like this:

Create and bring up bridges (you seem to already be doing this):
# brctl addbr foo
# ifconfig foo up

Add an external interface to the bridge
# brctl addif foo eth3

Make sure the VM image's config file specifies the bridge:
vif = ['mac=xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx, bridge=foo']

And of course use the /etc/xen/scripts/network-bridge for xen networking,
which I believe is the default.

Sorry if the info above is incomplete; its what I could figure out at a
quick glance at the intern's work.

Steve Brueckner, ATC-NY