Re: [Fwd: Réponse automatique d'absence du bureau : [Xen-devel] Re: [Xen

To: Kevin <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Fwd: Réponse automatique d'absence du bureau : [Xen-devel] Re: [Xen-users] xen 3.0.4 and TLS]
From: "Henning Sprang" <henning_sprang@xxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2007 21:36:15 +0100
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Sun, 28 Jan 2007 12:36:10 -0800
Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=beta; h=received:message-id:date:from:sender:to:subject:cc:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition:references:x-google-sender-auth; b=FkfPRa+wMCyWXRg9oug7vP5ZmuvWBP6imgLJIfegmRtX949IYvA4401gr59BuUAocSt3pEdvdoxiw7MTDQuVcM9luI5EwpQPITNn4UviBhQfxoaYbcw5xlWhyNKbaPT9e59jgC6K3XZcHZS2m+AbARHmjwXhcpLLHHPCf3PIR9A=
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On 1/22/07, Kevin <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
[...]
> I have committed this netiquette offense myself, so I feel I must reply
> in defense of this person.

Too bad, you should instead rather know that it isn't right...

> Some of us work for organizations with brain-dead mail servers and/or
> sysadmins. No matter how much we complain, this is something that
> doesn't get fixed. In my particular case, I only get to choose if I want
> to autoreply to external emails or only to internal ones. As I receive
> frequent emails from clients I can't justify not enabling the autoreply
> if I am gone for long periods of time.
>
> I realize how annoying this is, and I apologize, but I can't do anything
> about it short of unsubscribing every time I'm away

Nonsense.

> , which I only do for
> long absences. Please have a little patience for us
> mailserver-challenged folks.

IMO, that's an incredibly lame excuse for subjecting so many other people to
your problems.

Why not just get another email account for mailing lists?  There are
hundreds of free email services.

The next thing you hear is that those companies that don't get their
email setups right are the same that don't allow their sysadmins and
technicians to use a freemailer for amiling lists! :)

I think in very similar lines:

If your company doesn't care to get their email system right to not
annoy people who help their workers for free to solve their business
problems, and get knowledge to them, then they have to get paid
support, where people get money to bear with their strange email
system configurations.

Then, they actually pay some hundered bucks for people reading their
away messages, as well as useless "legal disclaimers" that tell you
you must forget the mail you just read when it is not for you (but it
must be for you, because, somebody sent it to you...)

I have no problem to read these things, as well as any away message
for cash(I'd actually only take the cash and not read each of these
away messages fully :) )  - but here I read and reply for free, and so
I don't want to read these things.

To err is human, but it should not be made a problem when somebody
doing something wrong is told so. The only thing I admit is that I
should have mailed the person in private, and the list admin also in
private to remove him.

Henning