Re: [Xen-users] Getting "waiting for root filesystem" after installing f

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Getting "waiting for root filesystem" after installing from 3.0.4 source.
From: Mark Williamson <mark.williamson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2007 04:01:12 +0000
Cc: Gregory Gee <gregory.gee@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Wed, 24 Jan 2007 20:01:13 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> title           Xen 3.0 / XenLinux 2.6
> root            (hd0,0)
> kernel          /xen-3.gz root=/dev/sda6 ro

bzzzt!  The "root=/dev/sda6 ro" should be on the vmlinuz line, not the Xen
line.

By the way, it's good practice to set dom0_mem on the Xen command line, since
this is more robust than shrinking dom0 as you create domUs (the latter can
eventually result in funny "memory squeeze" messages coming out of the
netback driver).  This is probably not necessary for just testing Xen unless
you have difficulties.

Good luck!

Cheers,
Mark