[Xen-users] USB Pass-through or USB virtualization status?

To: "xen ml" <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-users] USB Pass-through or USB virtualization status?
From: Derek <xen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2007 18:56:01 -0700
Delivery-date: Tue, 16 Jan 2007 17:55:42 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi folks,

I asked this a couple of Xen revisions back, but I'm back to ask again....

I would like to run an Windows XP HVM DomU under Xen, and have it able to directly access some USB peripherals that don't have any available Linux drivers.  They are:

- My ipod,
- Two digital cameras (one Canon, one Olympus)
- An ipaq pda.
- Maybe a GPS, tbd.

I'm hoping for a solution where either these are passed through to the HVM Domain somehow (e.g. passthrough of an entire USB hub), or individually virtualized and passed through.  In either case, the idea is to run the windows device driver provided with the devices in a windows domU, and have it access the devices.

Is this possible yet?  If so, which Xen release should I use.  If not, does anybody know how far off it is?

Thanks,
Derek.