Re: [Xen-users] Using Xen on Cobalt Raq4

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Using Xen on Cobalt Raq4
From: Mark Williamson <mark.williamson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2007 15:59:08 +0000
Cc: "Petersson, Mats" <Mats.Petersson@xxxxxxx>, Florian Fainelli <florian.fainelli@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Tue, 16 Jan 2007 07:59:27 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> > Thank you very much in advance.
>
> Unless the cobalt-rom is able to boot "grub multiboot" style modules,
> you're going to have to wave the magic wand around quite a bit to
> achieve successful load of Xen + Dom0 [put another way, it's probably
> much easier to use grub!].

You could look at Tim Deegan's mbootpack tool
(http://www.tjd.phlegethon.org/software/), which can package up Xen, the dom0
kernel and an initrd all into one file which can be booted by non-multiboot
bootloaders.

You may find this is an adequate solution.

Cheers,
Mark

Dave: Skateboards have wheels.
Mark: My wheel has a wheel!