[Xen-users] configure advanced networking

To: <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-users] configure advanced networking
From: "Rob Mokkink" <rob@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2007 16:48:24 +0100
Delivery-date: Sun, 14 Jan 2007 07:48:16 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

For extending my virtualization knowledge (vmware etc) I decided to go and explore xen.

I have a dev box. Proliant server with 3 nics.

Installing guest etc. is no problem. Working on a box with one nic is really easy, but I want to do some more advanced networking setup with xen.

What I want to accomplish is the following:

Eth0 = for xen dom0 only

Eth1 = for guests only

Eth2 = for guests only

I have read a lot of docs etc. etc.

Examples like:

But I am not quit sure if I can get it to work.

I have the following idea.

Create a basic script to create bridged interface:

#!/bin/sh
dir=$(dirname "$0")
"$dir/network-bridge" "$@" vifnum=1 netdev=eth1 bridge=xenbr1
"$dir/network-bridge" "$@" vifnum=2 netdev=eth2 bridge=xenbr2

So only eth1 and eth2 are bridged.
And i configure the guests to only use xenbr1 en xenbr2.

And after doing that, how do I limit access to dom0 to eth1 and eth2, or is that not possible?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Rob