Re: [Xen-users] Mac OS X Server under xen 3.0.3

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Mac OS X Server under xen 3.0.3
From: Mark Williamson <mark.williamson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 2 Jan 2007 22:18:52 +0000
Cc: Thorolf Godawa <nospam@xxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Tue, 02 Jan 2007 14:17:10 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>  > need to deploy a mac os x server, and I need to known if it is
>  > possible to run under Xen 3.0.3. Somebody knows if I can install
>  > it as a hvm guest??
>
> I really, really would love to see that, because this would mean that
> either Xen is able to virtualize an Apple Mac or that there is a MacOS X
> that can be installed on normal Wintel hardware.

Xen can run on a Wintel Mac (not necessarily entirely straightforwardly, but I
seem to recall someone running a Mac Mini as a Xen / HVM testing box).  I
think the example I read about booted into Linux then kexec-ed into Xen, I
don't know if direct booting into Xen would be possible.

Cheers,
Mark

> But unfortunately both still is not true, so I'm quite sure it will not
> run in near future!

Dave: Skateboards have wheels.
Mark: My wheel has a wheel!