Re: [Xen-users] dom0 and domU and encrypted filesystems

You should be able to set up dom0 to use an encrypted filesystem in
essentially the same way as you'd set up a vanilla Linux machine - just
adjust alterations to the menu.lst file to fit with the existing alterations
for Xen.  We can probably help you debug menu.lst if you have problems doing
this.

Encrypted disks in domUs can either be done in much the same way, with the
domU handling its on encryption (you'll need to add the appropriate boot
parameters to the domain configuration file, to pass it the appropriate
ramdisk and other setup data), or you could set up encrypted devices in dom0
using dm-crypt and then just have the domUs use them as their storage - which
would make the crypto transparent to the domUs (and independent of domU guest
OS).

Does that help some, Fred?  If you try to setup something like this, we (the
list) should be able to help you debug some of the problems you may have.

HTH,
Cheers,
Mark

On Monday 18 December 2006 00:55, Henning Sprang wrote:
> On 12/17/06, Fred <fred+xen@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Has anyone setup a system where dom0 and all domUs use encrypted
> > filesystems?
> >
> > If so, can I be pointed into the right direction. Especially for dom0
>
> No, I don't use it, but your question seems very generic. What exactly
> is your problem? Does documentation available for encrypted disks on
> non-Xen-Systems not apply? What does not work there?
>
> As far as I imagine, encrypted disks are just a matter of the right
> kernel drivers and ramdisk. No idea why this should be much different
> on a xen dom0.
>
> Henning

Dave: Skateboards have wheels.
Mark: My wheel has a wheel!