Re: [Xen-users] network-bridge script and the ip route list command

To: "xen users" <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] network-bridge script and the ip route list command
From: "Jerry Amundson" <jamundso@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2006 13:42:15 -0600
Delivery-date: Fri, 29 Dec 2006 11:42:03 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On 12/28/06, pete hilton <saruman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi there,
               I have got xen 3.0.3 (built from source download from
xensource) running on my linux box (Slackware 11 distribution).

When the network-bridge script runs, it first of all issues "ip route list"
and then parses the "default" line to pick up the last word.

The ip command in my distribution gives the following:-

default via 192.168.1.1 dev eth0  metric 1

which naturally results in a vifnum of 1 instead of 0.

Is this a bug in the script or is my "ip" command different from the norm?

Your "ip" command is different, at least from my Redhat and Fedora distros...
default via 192.168.1.1 dev eth0

Though I would think no distro should implement a metric on a default
route, you could file a xen bug on the script to use the word after
"dev", not the last one...

jerry