[Xen-users] Xen & NetworkManager

To: <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-users] Xen & NetworkManager
From: "Steve Cohoon" <scohoon@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2006 23:08:33 -0500
Delivery-date: Thu, 28 Dec 2006 03:10:37 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

        Xen & NetworkManager

Greetings,

I'm curious if anyone has been able to run Xen with NetworkManager instead of ifup.

I am virtualizing an unmodified guest (Windows XP) on SuSE 10.1. Windows work just fine but unless I use ifup, I'm left with a stand-alone system. Windows is unable to ping anything outside of itself; ie: the xen host, any lan servers, public servers... I've seen in varies forums that it is nearly impossible to use Xen and NetworkManager at this point, even states that in the ReadMe.SuSE file that came along with the xen install. It did mention that if I were to use NetworkManager that I should have xend use the nat scripts instead of the bridge scripts but to date, I've been unsuccessful at getting that working properly.

As for the logs-- qemu-dm*.log, xen*, there isn't a Danger, Danger, Will Robinson

So if anyone has gotten Xen working with NetworkManager, I would be grateful to know how.