[Xen-users] Could not enable shadow paging for domain?

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] Could not enable shadow paging for domain?
From: Tom Horsley <tomhorsley@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2006 14:44:51 -0500
Delivery-date: Sun, 17 Dec 2006 11:45:02 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I asked about this over in the fedora-xen list:

   https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-xen/2006-December/msg00089.html

Since I've gotten no responses there, I thought I'd try
over here:

Playing with Xen, Fedora Core 6, and 8-way Opteron system at work
with 8 gig of memory:

Xen seems to stop being able to create domains after it has been
up for a while (doing things like testing lots of guest installs
or even just using dom0 for non-xen related testing for a while).

Any attempt at this point to create a new domain winds up
with error (12, 'Cannot allocate memory'), and the
xend-debug.log shows ERROR: Could not enable shadow paging for domain.

Rebooting the machine (the real one :-) fixes the problem until
it has been up for a while again...

This sound familiar to anyone? Should I file a bug? (Against what?)

I hasten to point out that I'm not creating lots of domains and
leaving them running, so I shouldn't actually be running out of
any memory resource (assuming resources are reclaimed properly
when a domain is destroyed).