[Xen-users] Kernel panic

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] Kernel panic
From: "Sturla Holm Hansen" <sturla@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 9 Dec 2006 17:05:35 +0100 (CET)
Delivery-date: Sat, 09 Dec 2006 07:57:56 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi list.
I'm trying out Xen on Debian Etch and have the following problem:
I had trouble getting the domu to boot after a shutdown (Device 2049 (vbd)
could not be connected) and found a tip about increasing the number of
loop devices (my /dev/loop/ only contains 0) and added "modprobe loop
max_loop=64" to my /etc/init.d/xend, this seemed to fix the problem and
sent me into a new one:
The first domu starts as it should, so does the second until I get a
kernel panic with the error saying something not syncing (sorry for the
lack of detail here, but I only have a couple of seconds to look at the
error before the blasted thing reboots)

My /dev/loop/ still only contains "0" but the 64 loop devices turned up in
/dev/, is this right?
Does anyone know the reason for this behaviour or know if I'm using the
correct method of increasing the number of loop devices?

Any hints would be appreciated, I'm going slightly mad here ;)

Sturla