[Xen-users] networking delays?

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] networking delays?
From: "Ulrich Windl" <ulrich.windl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 07 Dec 2006 11:55:14 +0100
Delivery-date: Thu, 07 Dec 2006 02:56:56 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi,

I'm noticing strange responses if I do this

PC(Windows) --SSH--> Host1.Dom0 --SSH--> Host2.Dom0 --SSH-->Host2.DomU

Some commands like "ipcs" seem to take almost a minute while I see no output,
and
I seem unable to abort the command, but suddenly the command finishes. It looks
me like packets are held back for deleivery. Does that sound plausible?

For the first step, PC(Windows) --SSH--> Host1.Dom0, everything seems to run
rather normal, and it gets worse for every hop. I' sure I'm not hitting a CPU
limit, because each Dom0 has four 2.6GhZ Opterons, and each DomU has at least
two
of those. There's also about no I/O load (neither network load).

XEN being used is that of SLES10 for EMT64 (xen-3.0.2_09763-0.8)

Regards,
Ulrich