Re: [Xen-users] problem with installing linux Ent. over XEN

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] problem with installing linux Ent. over XEN
From: "Ulrich Windl" <ulrich.windl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 05 Dec 2006 15:09:22 +0100
Delivery-date: Tue, 05 Dec 2006 06:09:57 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On 5 Dec 2006 at 3:36, anant wrote:

> Thanks for replying
> wel i am trying with a dvd, and yeh its a dvd rom but i cant see the
> contents of that dvd . its only the case when i put any OS dvd in dvd rom
> whereas if i put any other cd or dvd it creates a folder on desktop and i
> can view its content.
> I have to install SuSE LINUX over xen but i really cant sort that out .In
> FC6 manual its written installation must be a network type. It is not
> possible to install from a local disk or cdrom. It is possible to set up an
> installation tree on the host OS and then export it as an NFS share.
> Do you have any idea how to do that?

Just copy the DVD into some directory and share it (e.g. NFS). Then use
Yast/Software to "add an installation source" (e.g. that NFS directory). Then
you
can install software without DVD (automatically from NFS).

"rug sl" will show your current sources.

Ulrich