Re: [Xen-users] Xen on Mini Linux

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Xen on Mini Linux
From: "Gerrit Niezen (Trispen)" <gerrit@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 04 Dec 2006 15:57:07 +0200
Delivery-date: Mon, 04 Dec 2006 05:57:40 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
How difficult would it be (how much time is required) to adapt Xenoppix to run FreeBSD 6x as a client?

Regards,
Gerrit Niezen

Date: Mon, 04 Dec 2006 19:57:50 +0900 (JST)
From: Kuniyasu Suzaki <k.suzaki@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi,

 >>From: "Gerrit Niezen (Trispen)" <gerrit@xxxxxxxxxxx>
 >>Subject: [Xen-users] Xen on Mini Linux
 >>
>>Are there any mini Linux distributions (e.g. BasixLinux, FREESCO) >>available that can be used to run Xen?
 >>
>>Let me explain my scenario: I have a computer with a 8MB Microdisk as >>hard drive. I want to boot up a small Linux distro from the 8MB >>Microdisk and use Xen to load a FreeBSD image from a NFS. Is this feasible?

We have developed HTTP-FUSE Xenoppix which boots with 6MB CD-ROM.
  http://unit.aist.go.jp/itri/knoppix/http-fuse/xen/index-en.html

Unfortunately it uses old Xen 2.0.7 and boots Plan9 and NetBSD.
I will update Xen and OSes for DomainU soon.

Please refer the paper and slide at Ottawa Linux Symposium 2006.
   Paper http://www.linuxsymposium.org/2006/linuxsymposium_procv2.pdf
   Slide
http://unit.aist.go.jp/itri/knoppix/http-fuse/xen/OLS2006-Suzaki-Slide.pdf

Thanks.