Re: [Xen-users] HVM success story, now on server environment

To: glenn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] HVM success story, now on server environment
From: Skull <skull@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 03 Dec 2006 09:20:37 +0100
Cc: Xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Sun, 03 Dec 2006 00:20:54 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Glenn Davy wrote:
> This probs envitiable with vnc apparently, but I read it can be worked
> around by serving vnc from inside the windows session and connecting to
> that.

Yes, but that session won't be reachable when the network is down in the VM.
Xen's VNC session is a complete different thing, since allows you to
*always* take control over (or at least see what's going on) the VM even
if it has no connectivity or it's shutting down.

Or if you want to do delegate the entire installation process to the
"end-user": with a working VNC session from XEN, you'll just need to set
the initial parameters and boot the VM. You then just allow the virtual
machine wannabe-admin to reach the right VNC session and he'll be able
to do the entire installation process by himself...

A lot different, IMHO...