Re: [Xen-users] Newbe wants to move block device virtual machine

To: "Daniel P. Berrange" <berrange@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Newbe wants to move block device virtual machine
From: Dick Kniep <dick.kniep@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2006 20:05:21 +0100
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Tue, 21 Nov 2006 11:05:33 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi Daniel,

Thanks for your answer, however there are some snags...

I am using Suse Linux Enterprise server version 10.0 which supports Xen 3.0.2
where blktap is not supported, so I guess I am stuck with block devices.

Furthermore I will try to make clear what I want with the migration part:
We are an ASP company that delivers an ERP system to our users by means of
NoMachine (or GoGlobal). Sales are picking up and we have to upgrade. Now we
want to make several virtual machines that are all connected to a SAN. On the
SAN which is used with iScsi, the virtual machines are stored. However....
The SAN is located in our hosting centre, while I am at the office to create
the virtual machines. So what I want is to define a virtual machine here
locally on a server, and store that virtual machine on the SAN later when I
place the server in the rack. Is that possible?

--
Met vriendelijke groet,

Dick Kniep
Lindix bv