RE: [Xen-users] Re: XEN sound emulation locks device exclusively

To: "Csillag, Kristof (GE Healthcare, consultant)" <Kristof.Csillag@xxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-users] Re: XEN sound emulation locks device exclusively
From: malc <av1474@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2006 15:30:45 +0300 (MSK)
Cc: "Petersson, Mats" <Mats.Petersson@xxxxxxx>, xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Tue, 14 Nov 2006 07:19:29 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Tue, 14 Nov 2006, Csillag, Kristof (GE Healthcare, consultant) wrote:

After checking the source code of ioemu (which is responsible for the audio
emulation),
I can see that there is a whole fully configurable audio system, with multiple
output
backands, including alsa output. (This whole stuff comes from QEMU.)

So it should be possible to send the sound to alsa via the normal channels,
using the dmix plugin.

So the question is: how can I configure the audio sub-system in qemu-dm?
How can I pass parameters to it?
(If I can not, then there should be a mechanism for that.)

<snip>

Audio in vanilla QEMU takes audio fine-tuning parameters from environment,
to use dmix:
QEMU_ALSA_DAC_DEV=dmix qemu <params>

--
vale