Re: [Xen-users] xen, iscsi and resilience to short network outages

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, sos22@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] xen, iscsi and resilience to short network outages
From: "Steve Feehan" <sfeehan@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2006 22:38:41 -0500
Delivery-date: Fri, 10 Nov 2006 19:38:57 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On 11/10/06, Steven Smith <sos22-xen@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> INIT: cannot execute "/sbin/mingetty"
> INIT: cannot execute "/sbin/mingetty"
> INIT: cannot execute "/sbin/mingetty"
> INIT: Id "1" respawning too fast: disabled for 5 minutes
What happens after the five minutes is up?

Steven.

Well, I've never waited 5 minutes to find out. But it was an hour
after the original IO timeout before I tried to login at the console
and saw these messages. And during this time I was not able to ssh
into the VM (but it was still pingable).

So I will force a timeout on Monday and see what happens after 5
minutes. But my guess is that the system is not going to recover.

--
Steve Feehan