Re: [Xen-users] installing xen-3.0.3 on AMD sempron, CentOS4.4

To: "Ing. Ernesto Pérez Estévez" <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] installing xen-3.0.3 on AMD sempron, CentOS4.4
From: "Tim Wood" <twwood@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2006 16:11:05 -0500
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Mon, 06 Nov 2006 13:11:37 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On 10/26/06, "Ing. Ernesto Pérez Estévez" <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi

I'm currently using xen-3.0.2-testing on several servers. But when xen
3.0.3 was announced I wanted to try it, of course it should have several
iprovements and bugfixes, etc.

I created my initrd image and then I modded grub.conf in order to boot
from the newly compiled xen.. and to my surprise it came up with a panic:

mount: error 6 mounting ext3
mount: error 2 mounting none
Switching to new root
switchroot: mount failed: 22
unmount /initrd/dev failed: 2

I have also had this problem on CentOS.  I found that copying my old
centos kernel config from /boot into the xen/linux2.6...-xen/
directory (as .config), running "make oldconfig" and then rebuilding
gave me a kernel/modules which worked.  There must be something
missing in the config, although I haven't been able to find exactly
what.