[Xen-users] Driver Domain for a NIC

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] Driver Domain for a NIC
From: Purav Saraiya <purav@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 5 Nov 2006 14:24:52 -0500 (EST)
Delivery-date: Mon, 06 Nov 2006 06:25:18 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I am trying to set up a driver domain for a NIC. I exposed the card to the
DomU. Now I am trying so that other guest domains can use this network card.

I am facing the following problem:
Suppose my driver domain has id=1 and the guest domain has id=2.

How will the interface vif2.0 come up in the driver domain when I boot the
guest domain. Where should I specify the script to be run on the driver domain
whenever a new guest domain is booted.

I use the following vif line in configuration file:

vif = [ ' ', 'bridge=xenbr0', 'backend=1' ]

Backend=1 specifies the driver domain, but how to form and add a backend
interface to the bridge in driver domain when a new domain is booted?

Any hint in this direction will be helpful.

Thanks,
Purav