Re: [Xen-users] Which AMD CPU for HVM?

To: Gerhard Wendebourg <gw@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Which AMD CPU for HVM?
From: Thomas Harold <tgh@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 03 Nov 2006 14:42:36 -0500
Cc: Xen Users <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Fri, 03 Nov 2006 11:43:20 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Gerhard Wendebourg wrote:
Hello all,

which AMD CPU ist usable for a HVM-Install?

Do I need a AMD X2 or FX CPU / Windsor, or is the Orleans Athlon 64 also
 usable?
There's nothing to find about at the AMD-Website (or mostly difficult),
and the people there also don't seem to know about.> thanx for replying.

Any AM2 socket CPU except for Semprons, or the new Socket F / 12xx Opterons. The other way to tell is that the new chips with HVM support DDR2.

Socket 940 and 939 chips are NOT HVM capable.