HVM Guests (was Re: [Xen-users] Warning regarding AMD Athalon 64 4200+(H

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: HVM Guests (was Re: [Xen-users] Warning regarding AMD Athalon 64 4200+(HVM/AMD-V))
From: Julian Davison <julian-xen_users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 02 Nov 2006 07:50:43 +1300
Delivery-date: Thu, 02 Nov 2006 13:57:08 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
For those evaluating the AMD X2 4200+ series for the purposes of running
HVM guests, take a note below before purchasing if the server you are
purchasing happens to be made by HP.

Buy an IBM x3650 ;)

Again, I love AMD, and I prefer HP servers, this is not an attack on
either, just an attempt to help folks avoid a bad experience when
purchasing for the specific purposes of running HVM guests.

I'm curious as to how many people are doing this.
I've recently taken delivery of our new server that has
xeon 5063's in it and intial experiements of Win2k3 under HVM
show pretty low network performance, which is a little
limiting.
While I'm only really looking at HVM as a interesting
experiment, I'd like to hear what other people are doing
with it...

--
Julian Davison
Note: 1) This may have come from an address @cbhs.school.nz