Re: [Xen-users] crashing system with second guest

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] crashing system with second guest
From: "G.Wendebourg" <gw@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 02 Nov 2006 12:41:19 +0100
Cc: Gerhard Wendebourg <gw@xxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Thu, 02 Nov 2006 13:57:01 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Ulrich Windl schrieb:
> On 31 Oct 2006 at 20:49, Gerhard Wendebourg wrote:
> when I'm starting a second guest-system Xen is crashing while the guest
> is reporting kernel panic.
>
> > Now: What are you expecting us to say? Defective RAM maybe?
I tried to find out what the reason maybe and off cause also considered
the memory-chips.
But exchanging them didn't help.

Also I changed the whole machine, set up a complete new system - and got
the same result.

Both machines had the same 2.6.17-k7-kernel (while under the 2.6.18 Xen
didn't like to start anyway), and now I'm questioning, if this
xen-k7-kernel is having a problem.
This kernel comes from the related debian-package.

Thus the question: are these kernels running well within other Xen-Systems?