[Xen-users] Securing Xen-Base System

To: Xen Users <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-users] Securing Xen-Base System
From: Gerhard Wendebourg <gw@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2006 16:14:59 +0100
Delivery-date: Thu, 02 Nov 2006 13:56:32 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hello all,

since I want to build up a Xen-system with servers in its guest-systems
reliable running, the question about the securing of the base-system / Dom0.

What kind of measures can / should be taken for preventing attacks and
corruption of the system or the hacking from some guest ti the base-system?

Is the network fully secured, if I set up a firewall on the
eth0-Interface, while the (default-)Xen-bridge is running?

Which ways of attacking the base-system exist and have to be controlled?

thanx for hints

GW