[Xen-users] Native VLAN and bridging

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] Native VLAN and bridging
From: "Rene" <forumuser@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 29 Oct 2006 12:14:08 -0000 (UTC)
Delivery-date: Sun, 29 Oct 2006 02:46:09 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi all,

Is it possible to have native VLAN (802.1q) and a VLAN x at the same time
in DOMU's?

This is what I have configured on my DOM0 (xen2):

Eth0 (connected by a 801.1q trunk to Cisco 2950 switch)

Created vlan100  : vconfig eth0 100
Created bridge   : brctl addbr br100
Attach switchport: brctl addif br100 eth0.100
Attach a DOMU    : brctl addif br100 vif2.0

I now have bridge br100 with vlan 100 attached to a DOMU working fine.

However, when I want to use native VLAN, I just can't put switchport eth0
in a bridge and do the same setup as listed before. This results in br100
loosing connectivity. Trying to create a new VLAN with id 1 doesn't make
sense as native VLAN is untagged by default.

Any suggestions how to have native VLAN and VLAN x at the same time?

Thanks,
Rene